The biennial ILA Berlin is Germany’s – and one of the world’s – most innovative and influential international aerospace events.
ILA Berlin is the largest aerospace trade show in Germany and one of the world’s most influential airshows, bringing together providers of the latest technologies in the aviation, space and aerospace industries with decision-makers from government, industry, military, science, and research from all over the world. ILA Berlin is held every other year at the Berlin ExpoCenter Airport as a joint venture between the German Aerospace Industries Association (BDLI) and Messe Berlin.
ILA Berlin is interdisciplinary in scope and global in scale, where established companies as well as cutting-edge startups present the latest innovations and developments to the European and global aerospace industry.
The aerospace industry stands for innovation like few other industries:
The aviation industry strives to cut net CO² emissions in half by 2050, and aircraft manufacturers and airlines, large companies and start-ups, policymakers and aviation authorities, as well as climate and noise pollution researchers look to ILA Berlin for sustainable aviation solutions.
ILA 2020 – A FORUM FOR SUSTAINABLE FLIGHT
The space sector has a track record of close international cooperation like no other industry, and investment in space technology is growing fast, driven by the endless possibilities and major advances in technology: Another moon landing? A manned mission to Mars? Viable space tourism? Asteroid mining? Agriculture on the moon?
Many of the problems faced on Earth can best be solved with innovations by the space industry and ILA Berlin gathers key stakeholders from around the world, major space agencies and emerging commercial space enterprises, aerospace firms, government officials, scientists and investors to discuss hot topics like digitization, big data, mobility, security, satellites for telecommunications and Earth observation, sustainability, energy and spaceflight commercialization.
ILA 2020 – EUROPE’S LARGEST SPACE EXHIBITION
ILA 2020 – SPACE TECHNOLOGY FOR LIFE ON EARTH
Defense and Security
As European military cooperates with partners across Europe on defense projects worth billions, defense procurement programs are one of the top issues at ILA Berlin. Exhibitors engage in discussions with delegations expected from over 100 nations, high-ranking officials from the military, leading politicians working on defense and security issues, as well as defense and cyber security industry experts, discussing the role and needs of the armed forces today and in the future.
In the Military Pavilion, the defense industry and the military present a wide-range of successful defense force and industry cooperation projects.
ILA 2020 – A WORLD-CLASS FORUM FOR SECURITY POLICY
Aerospace Supply Chain
The supply chain is the backbone of the aerospace industry, and suppliers – from international industry leaders to highly specialized firms – showcase their innovative solutions during three exclusive B2B days in the International Supplier Center (ISC) at ILA Berlin, a global platform for important business. ISC is a dedicated hall where over 300 companies from around the world present their latest innovations to OEM purchasing managers and other buyers, find partners and investors for new projects, network with key stakeholders from industry and government, and form profitable international relationships.
- B2B Matchmaking for pre-arranged meetings between buyers and suppliers
- ISC Forum expertly designed for addressing supplier issues
- ISC Networking Event for exhibitors and buyers
Unmanned aviation has unleashed a revolution in aviation, and governments as well as the private sector are looking for ways to benefit from the rapid developments with entire new business models now possible thanks to drones. But how can these new forms of mobility be deployed sustainably and commercially viable? Drones can boost service, comfort and safety in a variety of areas and in the ILA Berlin “UAS Innovation Hub” the key players in unmanned aviation address these questions and many more, presenting their latest technologies, solutions, and path-breaking innovations in the field of drones, infrastructure, and services.
- Drones can inspect bridges, dams and wind power stations, detecting defects in a fast, safe and inexpensive manner.
- Critical goods like medicine require fast, flexible delivery and drones offer a way to bypass traffic, especially in densely populated urban areas.
- Drones offers new possibilities in agriculture with precision farming, making the efficient use of machines for seeding and harvesting easier than ever before.
- It is expected that about 60 percent of the world’s population will live in conurbations by 2030 and in a few years, UAVs are likely to improve mobility for millions of these city dwellers.
Highlights from ILA 2018
- 1,100 exhibitors from 41 countries
- 8% increase in exhibitors and 62% increase in international exhibitors over previous year
- 36% increase in exhibition space over previous year
- 180,000 attendees
- 20% increase in number of attendees over previous year
- 152 delegations from 112 countries
- 2,500 media representatives from 50 countries
- Europe’s Largest Space Exhibition:
- Largest space exhibition in Europe:
- Space Pavilion, joint exhibition by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), European Space Agency (ESA), German Aerospace Center (DLR), and German Aerospace Industries Association (BDLI)
- ILA Space Day and Astronauts Day with space experts from all over the world