IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Food & Drink Expo has been postponed to September 7-9, 2020 due to the spread of COVID-19. Please find more information HERE.
Food & Drink Expo 2020
The UK Food Shows bring together five premium events under one roof, covering the complete food and beverage supply chain and attracting 30,000 buyers and decision-makers from across the industry, including grocery, wholesale, specialty retail, ingredients, foodservice, and manufacturing.
The event also features live programs such as demonstrations, master classes, topical seminars, and debates, with expert speakers providing guidance, advice, and solutions to everyday challenges.
The UK Food shows are partnered with the event marketing experts at Facetime to provide information to help exhibitors make the most of their participation. Access the Exhibit Planning Guides
What Exhibitors Say
USDA Market Access Program (MAP)
Through funding from USDA’s Market Access Program (MAP), USA Pavilion exhibitors may be eligible to receive 50% reimbursement of the costs of exhibiting.
For more information on the Market Access Program, contact your local State Regional Trade Group:
The UK Market
The UK has strong social and cultural ties to the United States, demonstrated by the similarities in consumer trends in the retail and foodservice markets. The UK presents strong market opportunities for many U.S. consumer-orientated products, including specialty food products, “healthy” food items, wine, sauces, fruit, nuts and juices. “Health” and convenience foods are main driving forces in the UK value-added food and beverage market. Consumers in this wealthy country are looking for variety in high quality food products, especially those perceived to have health benefits.
The UK is very receptive to goods and services from the United States. With its $2.78 trillion GDP, the UK is the United States’ top European market and the fifth largest market worldwide for all goods, after Canada, Mexico, China and Japan. In 2016, the United States exported $55.4 billion of industrial and agricultural goods to the UK. USDA FAS Exporter Guide 2017
Key market drivers and consumption trends:
- Aging population and increased health consciousness of consumers is fueling the demand for health and wellness products, as well as functional food products.
- Increasingly high-paced society and the rising number of single households are driving the demand for convenient ready-to-eat meals, desserts, and baking mixes.
- Ethnic foods, health and super foods, “free from” products (e.g. gluten or lactose free), and locally grown are further trends that attract more and more UK consumers.
- Increasing share of consumers who view their purchasing decision as a political or lifestyle statement (no GMO, only free-range eggs, vegetarian or vegan diet).
- Consumers increasingly require traceability and information about production methods.
- Fair trade and organic products are becoming increasingly popular.