Established in 1909, ILA Berlin is one of the world’s oldest airshows and the largest aerospace trade show in Germany, bringing together aviation, space and aerospace experts as well as decision-makers from politics, industry, science, research and military from all over the world. Since 2012, ILA is held every even year at the Berlin ExpoCenter Airport as a joint venture between the German Aerospace Industries Association (BDLI) and Messe Berlin.
ILA 2018 highlights:
- 1,100 exhibitors from 41 countries
- 8% increase in exhibitors and 62% increase in international exhibitors over 2016
- 36% increase in exhibition space over 2016
- 180,000 trade and public visitors
- 20% increase in number of visitors over 2016
- 152 delegations from 112 countries
- 2,500 media representatives from 50 countries
- Largest space exhibition in Europe:
- Space Pavilion, a joint exhibition by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), European Space Agency (ESA), German Aerospace Center (DLR) and German Aerospace Industries Association (BDLI)
- ILA Space Day and Astronauts Day with space experts from all over the world
ILA focuses on aerospace innovations in five categories: Aviation, Space, Defense & Security, Supplier and Special Features.